Welcome to Epiphany!
We welcome all people – young and old, gay and straight, born in the U.S. and born abroad, from many religious backgrounds.
We care about our neighbors. We feed the homeless and hungry, support Puerto Rico's recovery from the hurricanes, and try to make the world a place of justice and fairness for all God’s children.
We love each other. No Epiphany event is complete without food and laughter. We are never perfect, but in a busy city it is good to find friends to laugh and cry with, to share stories of your day, your children, your parents, and your job.
And we pray together. We are an Episcopal Church. We have fairly traditional worship – organ music and hymns, Bible readings, a 10-minute sermon, the Nicene Creed, some Prayers, and Eucharist (or Communion, or the Mass – whatever you grew up calling it). Our worship is a time to connect deeply to God through stories, music, silence, sacraments, and prayer.
The Church of the Epiphany is located at the corner of 74th Street and York Avenue on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. A wheelchair-accessible ramp is just east of the main doors on 74th Street. The entrance to the Parish Office is at 1393 York Avenue.
- Q train (2nd Avenue Subway) to 72nd Street. Walk two blocks east to York Avenue, turn left and walk two blocks.
- 6 train (Lexington Avenue Local) to 77th Street. Walk south to 74th Street, and east (four avenue-blocks) to York Avenue.
- M15 local uptown First Avenue and downtown Second Avenue buses stop at 75th Street. Walk south to 74th Street, turn left, and walk east to York Avenue.
- M15-SBS uptown First Avenue stops at 67th and 79th Streets, and downtown Second Avenue stops at 68th and 79th Streets.
- M31 York Avenue/crosstown 57th St. bus line stops at 74th Street.
- M72 crosstown buses stop on 72nd Street at York Avenue. Walk north to 74th Street.
- M79-SBS crosstown buses stop on York Avenue at 79th Street. Walk south to 74th Street.
74th Street is one-way eastbound, York Avenue is two-way. There is a parking garage entrance on East 74th Street directly across from the main church doors.
Announcements, upcoming events, notes from our clergy and more in our latest posts.Read More »